Thankfully it didn’t take me long to throw together this awesome crust recipe. Most things are trial and error. But this one was a no brained; cheese cheese and more cheese. I fully believe that cheese makes the world go ’round.
Ingredients you’re gonna need
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan
- 3/4 cup of almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
1/8 teaspoon of ground oregano
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of dry basil
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Place shredded mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, mix and microwave for another 30 seconds and mix again.
3. Add remaining ingredients and mix with a fork until fully combined. Finish mixing dough with your hand, kneading it in the process. Dough should form a ball like this.
If you’re having some trouble getting your dough to form, add a bit more almond flour, but be sure to adjust any added flour to your carb count.
4. Place dough on parchment paper, or foil and form into a pizza crust. I placed my dough on a piece of parchment paper, and then put another piece of parchment paper on top so my dough wouldn’t stick to my cup (yes, cup. I didn’t have a rolling pin, so I used a cup 🤷🏼♀️😂). I got a good shape started, then I finished it off with my hands.
5. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove pizza crust from the oven and you’re good to add toppings as you like.
*once you decide to put your toppings on and cook them, the oven temp should be 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Just enough to cook the toppings, but not brown the crust anymore.
Serving size 2 slices. Carb count is based on entire crust, not serving size.
22g total carbs
13g net carbs