Let me tell y’all.. this chicken is fantastic-o!! Not only does the chicken turn out so tender and juicy, but the cheese sauce is literally heaven in a pan.. and my kids approve.. even with the mushroom. Yeah.. that’s a big deal, y’all! So grab you pan and let’s get to gettin’
Let me know what you think!
What you’re gonna need
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan (but you can definitely put mozzarella in there instead.. or use both. Cheese is the bees knees)**
- 2 cups sliced mushroom
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic (sub 1/2-1 teaspoon for garlic powder if that’s what you have)
- 2-3 tablespoons of dry parsley flakes
- Salt & pepper
How you’re gonna do it
- Place butter in a pan and melt. Add garlic and cook for 1-2 min. You’re going to want the aroma to be coming off that butter. That way you know the garlic is nice and cooked.
- Add mushrooms and cook until tender.is it just me, or does this just sound beautiful?!
- While mushrooms are cooking, take 1/2 your parsley and sprinkle on both sides of chicken breasts. Add salt and pepper.
- Once mushrooms are done, remove from pan and set aside. Be sure to scoop them out with a slotted spatula so the juices stay in the pan.
- Place chicken in pan and cook until done. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same pan add heavy cream, cheese, remaining parsley, salt & pepper. Cook until cheese is melted and cheese sauce is bubbly.
- Add mushrooms and chicken back to the pan. Cook for a few minutes. Just long enough that your chicken and mushrooms have time to heat back up.
Carb count is based on entire recipe.
Total carbs for recipe: 8g
** for thicker sauce add more cheese. Remember, sauce will thicken as it cools.