Is it weird that this is the first time I’ve ever tried Italian sausage? Because.. it is indeed, the first time I have ever tried Italian sausage. I am definitely a fan! I’ll be incorporating it more in my recipes from now on. When I initially made this, I used all sausage. But to help on carb count, I’m adjusting it a bit to use ground beef as well.
When you try, comment and let me know what you think!
What you’re going to need
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage
- 2 small zucchinis, cut up in 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1 Teaspoon dry basil (optional)
- 1 1/2 cup Rao’s marinara
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
Lets get to cookin’
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brown ground beef and sausage. Drain fat and return to pan.
- Add mined garlic to meat mix. Cook until garlic is fragrant.
- Add marinara and shredded parmesan to meat, and heat until cheese is softened.
- Add a small amount of sauce to the bottom of a baking dish. A very small amount.
- Make layers with your ingredients. Zucchini, grated Parmesan, mozzarella, meat sauce, parmesan, zucchini, parmesan , mozzarella, remaining meat sauce, topped with remaining mozzarella.
- Slice tomato and place on top of your recipe, followed by basil. I left a small amount of mozzarella put so I could place on top of the tomatoes. This is merely for presentation, and not completely necessary.
- Bake for 20-25 min.
Serving size: 4
Total carbs per serving: 6g