This pizza crust was an glorious accident. Wait, did I just say that? 🤔 An accident? Yes.. I was attempting to make something else, it fell threw, so I just mixed a few extra ingredients together and made a pizza instead. You can’t go wrong with pizza.. ever!
I do have other pizza crusts on the blog, but I really like to have a variety of choices. Because not everyone likes the same thing.
I feel like this crust was a bit more filling than my almond flour crust. But all in all, the almond flour crust is still my favorite. But like I said, not everyone likes the same thing, and I know a lot of people are allergic to nuts. So here’s another choice to those who may need it. Hope you enjoy.
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 heavy whipping cream, or almond milk, or coconut milk.
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 teaspoon chicken seasoning
Let’s get to cookin’
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour your mozzarella cheese into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 sec, or until slightly melted.
- Combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Knead together once all ingredients are combined.
- Lay dough on parchment paper and pat out into your desired shape. I suggest placing an extra piece of parchment paper on top (to avoid sticking) and using a cup or rolling pin to roll it out. Finish the edges out with your hands.
- Bake for 20 min or until crust begins to brown.
- Take out of oven and cover in toppings of your choice.
- Bake until topping are done and enjoy!!
I don’t typically count net carbs, but when a food like coconut flour is so rich in fiber, I do prefer to count net carbs. I chiose to count like this because I notice it doesn’t spike my blood sugar as much if it’s high in fiber, leading me to believe that the net carbs are more important to count in this instance.
Serves 4: 2 slices per serving
Total carbs per slice: 4.5g
Net carbs per slice: 2g