Ring the alarms! Fluffy pancakes are possible on keto! These pancakes are more like pancakes made with regular flour than any I’ve had since going keto. I chose to pair these with fruit, instead of sugar free syrup; since sugar free isn’t carb free. I’m not going to lie though, I would have used it had I had it on hand. I think next time I may sneak a little on top 😉
If you try this recipe, come back and let me know what you thought!
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of stevia, or your choice of sweetener (I use quite a bit to add sweetness since I don’t use syrup)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Let’s get cookin’
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Set aside.
- Place cream cheese and butter in a small bowl and microwave until softened.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients into a blender and blend for 1 min, or until fully combined.
- Allow pancake mix to set a few min. This allows it to thicken, and become more consistent with pancake batter.
- While your batter is thickening, heat up your pan to medium heat.
- Once pan is heated, add a small bit of butter or oil. Place a heaping tablespoon of batter onto the pan. **for larger pancakes, use two tablespoons. If you’re making larger pancakes I recommend trying to smooth out the batter once you’ve placed it in the pan so the pancakes aren’t super thick. This will help them to cook more evenly without burning.
- Allow pancakes to sit a bit longer than you would a regular pancake, since it will cook a bit slower due to the thickness.
Makes 5 large pancakes or 10 small pancakes.
Total carbs: 2.3g each
Net carbs: 1.3 each
Total carbs: 4.6g each
Net carbs: 2.6g each