I remember pre-keto I would always go to McDonald’s, and the order would always be the same; sausage, egg and cheese McGriddle with a medium coffee. But have you looked at the carb count on those bad boys 😳 no? Just take my word on it! These taste so much like the McDonald’s McGriddle that you won’t even want to stop in on your way to work. These can be made before hand as well, and they’ll taste just as good!
I’m a bacon in the morning type of gal, so I chose sausage, but you can put whatever you’d like on yours.
If you try, let me know in the comments what you thought!
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon liquid stevia (or 2 teaspoon granulated)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 ounce cream cheese (softened)
Let’s get cookin’
- Mix all ingredients together in a blender.
- Heat a small amount of oil in the pan and heat to medium heat.
- Pour a small amount of mix into the pan and let cook until it looks almost done, then flip and allow to cook for about another minute.
- Assemble with desired filling.
Carb count is based on two pieces of McGriddle cakes. Be sure to count any carbs that you may add for your filling ie: sausage, cheese, etc.
Makes 8 McGriddle cakes/4 McGriddle sandwiches
Total carbs: 3g per sandwich