Bread. Something I took for granted before changing my way of eating over into the ketogenic world. I’ve been wanting a sandwich for a few days now.. so, I decided that today was the day! I broke out my thinking cap and got to work. This recipe will not disappoint. How could it though; it’s got tons of cheese in it! Give a go! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2.5 cups of mozzarella cheese
Let’s get to cookin’
- Preheat over to 350 Fahrenheit
- Place cream cheese and mozzarella cheese in the microwave for 30 second. Give it a mix, and microwave for another 30 seconds. Mix together until blended.
- Mix remaining ingredients together in the bowl. Dough should form a ball. If the dough is a bit sticky then allow to cool for a minute or two.
- Form dough into the shape of bread you desire. *For example, I wanted a sub bun, so I shaped it in the form of a sub. If you’re wanting a slice of bread then I’d suggest placing it flat and patting it out on a baking pan. Place the bread dough on a piece of parchment paper to avoid sticking.
- Take bread out of oven after about 20-25 min. Cooking time will vary based on ovens. When the dough begins to brown around edges then it will be done. Allow the bread to cool before cutting.
- Slice and enjoy!
Recipe makes 3-4 buns.
Entire recipe is 19g net carbs.