I’m crossing my fingers that I can remember everything I used here 🤔 I threw it together with one hand, while holding my “mommy can never put me down” 1 year old in the other hand. This should be interesting.
I’ll be sure I get it right though! Because this recipe is worth it! My husband even approved, and he’s not much of a keto fan *gasp! I know*. Anyways… here goes nothing, folks!!
***I am going to add the recipe for the Spanish cauliflower rice at the bottom of the page as well!
What you’re going to need
- Slap Ya Mama seasoning (picture of this at the bottom so it’s easier for you to find)
- Handful of pickled jalapeños (or fresh if you want more heat)
- 7 oz can of green Chiles
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup pico de Gallo
- Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- 10 slices American White cheese
- Handful of pepper jack (optional)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (or milk if you’re not worried about it being keto) use more or less for the desired consistency.
Let’s get to cookin’
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cover both sides of chicken in Slap Ya Mama seasoning.
- Place green Chiles on top of chicken, as well as beside the chicken. Top of with jalapeños.
- Loosely cover with aluminum foil. Place in oven and bake for 45 min or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
**do not toss the juices in the pan when the chicken is done cooking; well need that for the cheese sauce.
**While the chicken is cooking, make your cheese sauce.
- Place cheese in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 second-1 minute intervals until your cheese is melted. Be sure to mix in between intervals so the cheese doesn’t burn.
- Once your cheese is melted, add your heavy cream (or milk if you chose to use that instead). Mix together until blended and microwave again, mixing between intervals until the cheese is at your desired consistency.
- Once cheese is at the desired consistency, mix in remaining ingredients and place to the side.
- Once your chicken is done, take roughly 2-3 tablespoons of the juices in the pan and add to your cheese sauce and mix well. This will add a lot of flavor to your cheese mix.
Cover your chicken with cheese sauce and enjoy!!
Total carbs will vary based on if you use milk or heavy cream, as well as if you use the same brands as I use.
Each serving will run you approximately
3g-4g total carbs per serving. This includes your cheese sauce.
Spanish Cauliflower rice
This one is pretty simple. Steam the cauliflower rice until done. I added about 1 tablespoon of Slap Ya Mama seasoning and one teaspoon of taco seasoning. Mix it all together and put cheese sauce on it. Because that stuff is amazing!!! Based on the brand, the carb count will vary. Mine was only 1g net carb per 3/4 cup serving.